Believer or not, we all have heard about being a Proverbs 31 woman but do we really know what it takes to be one? Do we know about other women in the Bible that we can look up to or make sure we are nothing like? I want to dissect this chapter of the Bible and also give biblical tips on what is means to be a Queen.
The chapter talks about King Lemuel and the advice his mother is giving him about rule and administration and an example of a perfect wife. The verse that stood out to me was verse three and it says:
do not waste your strength on women,
on those who ruin kings.
The reason being is because there are a lot of men out in the world who don’t want to commit because of past relationships. These are the men that you don’t want to deal with. Now no one is perfect and work in progress but realizing your worth makes dodging those types of men a little easier.
The main portion of this chapter comes from verses 10- 31. There are so many hidden gems in these verses that I feel like many women miss. But that is why I am here, letting the Holy Spirit guide me.
Now I don’t want to go through every single verse because this will be entirely too long, but I will provide a link so you can read at your own leisure.
HABITS OF A QUEEN
- A Woman of Excellence
- Back in those times, a woman with education was extremely rare so we are going to think in modern times. It is said that women have surpassed men over the years (https://nces.ed.gov/fastfacts/display.asp?id=72) We already knew we were smart so keep pushing for that education girl! – Verse 10-13
- A Woman of Strength
- We as woman go through so much in life, especially minority women, and I just want to applaud you for you strength and courage. Without women, the world will end (Look at the US President for example. No shade though). – Verse 17
- A Woman with Style
- Externally expressing who you are is so important in how you view yourself. In the world of Kardashians and Amber Roses, society has created a beauty standard that is impossible to reach. It takes a journey of self-love but I know you can achieve it and when you do, let that light shine! – Verse 21 and 25
- A Woman of Faith
- The entire book of Proverbs is about wisdom and reading the Word of God is how you achieve that.
- Matthew 6:33
- Proverbs 16:3
- Philippians 2:3-5, 1 Peter 5:6-7
- John 12:25-26, Galatians 1:10, Colossians 2:23
These are just simple guidelines, so you don’t have to follow this word for word. Remember Queens, God knew you before you were born. You were created for greatness and no weapon of any kind will prosper. You are a daughter of the King so you have all the authority to walk over the enemy. God will never abandon you. (Jeremiah 1:5, Isaiah 54:17, Luke 10:19, 2 Corinthians 4:9)
Life is extremely hard but we as women have been through hell and back. We have overcome so many trials and tribulations. I don’t know what you’re going through but just know that I love you and I see the queen in you. You are worthy. You are special. You are loved and can love. You are greatness.